Art Gallery: Review & Upon Acceptance
The SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 Art Gallery is both a juried and a curated exhibition. The jurors focus on the work's creativity, concept, and technique along with its overall relationship to the SIGGRAPH Asia audience. If your work is not accepted, that is not a reflection on its quality. Because of space limitations, we are able to accept only a limited number of pieces.
Artwork will be reviewed shortly after the submission deadline. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent via email in August.
Detailed information and instructions, including deadlines for next steps, will be sent to artists along with the acceptance letter.
- All accepted work will be documented in the SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 web site, Digital Experiences: The SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 Art Gallery, Emerging Technologies and Computer Animation Festival Catalog, and the Full Conference DVD-ROM.
Regarding exhibition of your work:
- You must review your permissions (part of your original online submission form) and complete the Acceptance Agreement by entering an electronic signature, within two weeks of your acceptance. You can already peruse and sign the agreement during the submission process. We strongly recommend this. You will still be able to make necessary changes within two weeks of your acceptance. If you do not complete your Acceptance Agreement with an electronic signature, your work cannot be presented at SIGGRAPH Asia 2009.
The Acceptance Agreement is a legal document. It explains the uses SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 makes of presented material and requires you to acknowledge that you have permission to use this material. This may involve seeking clearance from your employer or from others who have loaned you material, such as videotapes and slides. The agreement helps prevent situations whereby SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 presentations include material without permission that might lead to complaints or even legal action. In addition, this agreement asks if ACM SIGGRAPH may use your materials for conference and organization promotional material in exchange for full author/artist credit information.
For a better understanding of the SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 Acceptance Agreement please review this plain-English explanation.
- We will work closely with you to insure proper and effective installation of your work. In general, accepted artists are responsible for bringing or shipping their work to SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 at Pacifico Yokohama. Artists are also responsible for return shipping after the conference.
- You must send exhibition-ready work. Prints must be framed and ready to hang. Three-dimensional works must be assembled and ready for display. Installation works must be complete with detailed set-up instructions and diagrams, etc. Exhibition installation will be accomplished by professionals, although complex works will need your individual participation, so you will want to arrive early to assist with installation.
- If your work arrives at the convention center, and it is not as depicted in your submission or is not ready for installation, we reserve the right to exclude it from the exhibition.
- You must also promptly complete and return:
Shipping Information Form
Equipment Rental Form
- Details will be provided upon acceptance.
- You will be able to update your basic submission information so that it can be included in the conference program and web site. This information needs to be finalized two weeks after acceptance.
- If you wish to attend SIGGRAPH Asia 2009, travel costs are at your own expense, except for the contributor of record, who will receive recognition as specified in the SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 Recognition Policy.
- For detailed information on framing and crating your work, see Framing Artwork.