1. Submissions will be administratively rejected without review if it is found that:
- The submission violates the ACM Policy and Procedures on Plagiarism.
- The submission is a dual submission; that is, if the submission is simultaneously under review for any other conference or publication. For more details see the Policy on Prior Art & Public Disclosure and the Double Submissions section of the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Electronic files have been submitted that have been designed to have side effects other than presenting the submitted work to reviewers and committee members (for example, a "phone home" script).
2. All fields on the submission form except for the final file upload must be completed by 28 May 2008. Completing the submission form will assign your submission a paper_ID. A paper_ID is required for each submission. NO PAPER_IDs WILL BE ISSUED after 28 May 2008, 22:00 UTC/GMT. See Submission Deadlines.
3. See Publication Requirements and the Other Questions About Submissions section of Frequently Asked Questions for information on preparing documents and supplemental materials (including information on anonymity, length, etc.). See the Deadlines section of Frequently Asked Questions for more details about submission deadlines.
Information for Submission of Papers and Electronic Supplemental Materials
You must upload a PDF file of your paper and all supplemental files by 28 May 2008, 22:00 UTC/GMT. See Submission Deadlines. If you find that uploading is slow and you are concerned about meeting the deadline, you may first upload MD5 Checksums for your files (by 28 May, 22:00 UTC/GMT) and then upload the files that match this checksum by 29 May 2008, 22:00 UTC/GMT. To ensure that MD5 Checksums can be uploaded prior to the deadline, uploading of papers and supplemental files may be disabled during the hours immediately before the deadline, so please be prepared to upload checksums during this period. Papers or materials emailed to the Papers Chair or Papers Advisory committee are not considered to be submissions; you must use the online submission system.
English Review Service
Non-native English speakers may use the English Review Service to help with the text of submissions. Please note that this takes time, so your submission should be sent to the English Review Service well before the final Papers deadline.
Why is the abstract due by the 28 May 2008 deadline?
The process of assigning papers to committee members begins immediately after the 28 May 2008 deadline. It is useful to have the abstract, as well as the other submission form details, at this time.
What is the deal with MD5 checksums?
If you upload all of your files by 28 May 2008, 22:00 UTC/GMT, you can ignore the MD5 Checksums. However, the system will compute and report the checksum for any file you upload, once the uploaded file has been completely received by the submissions server. You may find this useful if you want to check that your file has been uploaded without corruption. Just compare the MD5 Checksum you compute for your file with the checksum computed by the submission system.
If you are uploading in the last couple of days before the deadline, server response may be slow. To be sure of making the deadline, you may initially upload just the MD5 Checksum for each of your files. If the MD5 Checksum for a file is received by 28 May 2008, 22:00 UTC/GMT, you will have 24 hours to complete the upload of that (unchanged, and therefore identical) file. That is, you will have until 29 May 2008, 22:00 UTC/GMT, to upload files for which checksums have been entered. To calculate a checksum, you must use an MD5 calculator. We have tested the following MD5 calculators:
Linux: md5sum command
Windows98\Me\NT\2000\XP: FastSum v1.3
Mac OS/X: "md5" command in Terminal.
2. Six copies of your physical supplemental materials must arrive by (not be postmarked or sent by) 28 May 2008, 22:00 UTC/GMT at this address:
Attn: Kurt Akeley, SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 Technical Papers Chair
1065 La Avenida
Mountain View, California 94043 USA
Please note that papers must be submitted electronically as PDF files, even if they are also submitted physically. Also note that all deadlines are firm and plan accordingly. Faxed or emailed submission materials will not be accepted. Late submission materials will be returned unopened to the sender.
All complete submissions received by the deadline will be acknowledged by email. For this purpose, a submission is complete if a paper_ID has been assigned and a PDF file of the paper has been successfully uploaded, even if some related submission materials arrive late and are rejected or returned. Such submissions will be reviewed unless they are withdrawn by the author.