Emerging Technologies: Synthesis - Toward A New Perception
VERY IMPORTANT: Before you prepare a proposal to Emerging Technologies, review the requirements that you must meet if your proposal is accepted.
Use this checklist to ensure that your submission is complete and that it meets all applicable program requirements:
1. Complete the SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 Emerging Technologies Online Submission Form. The online submission system includes instructions on how to complete the online form. When you begin the form, your submission will be assigned a submission identification (ID) number that will be used to identify your submission throughout the review process.
2. Emerging Technologies proposals must be submitted electronically via the SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 online submission system. No other method of submission will be accepted. Fax submissions are not accepted. Submission procedures are specified in the online submission process.
3. Proposals: Carefully read Anatomy of a Good Emerging Technologies Proposal before preparing your proposal. All submitters must address and answer the following questions in their written proposals:
What is your vision for the work?
What are the goals of the project?
What are the core technical innovations of the work?
How does this work expand on prior research (please include references)?
How does the work move beyond digital tradition, blur the boundaries between creativity, technology, and science, and transform daily lives?
What are the implications for the future of this work?
What is the experience going to be like for SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 attendees?
Is your submission viable at time of submission? If your submission is not complete at time of submission, explain what percentage is complete and what needs to be completed.
Have you submitted to Emerging Technologies in the past?
4. Supporting Materials
- Video in QuickTime, MPEG, or Windows Media Viewer not to exceed 50 MB is required. Your video gives the jury the best possible information about your work.
- Digital image for possible separate publication. At least 300 dpi at 10 cm tall x 12.7 cm wide wide, pixel resolution of at least 1500 x 1200, TIFF or EPS files, no compression, MAC or PC. All images MUST be submitted in digital format.
- A text copy of the Executive Summary of your four-page abstract.
You must identify your supporting materials with your online submission ID number. Please use appropriate judgment when submitting supplementary materials. For example, if your work is about sound, please make sure you submit audio examples. Remember, the jury will probably not view or listen to more than three minutes of your supporting materials, so be concise.
5. OPTIONAL: Use the English Review Service to help with the text of your submission.
Important information on uploading files to the SIGGRAPH ASIA 2008 online submission system.