Art Gallery: Synthesis - Toward A New Perception
Use the checklist below to ensure that your submission is complete and meets all applicable program requirements.
This checklist applies to:
- 2D still images
- 3D still images
- 4D wall-based work
Requirements for All Submissions
All installation submissions must include:
- Completed online submission form
- High-resolution image of artwork
- Detail image of artwork (optional)
- Digital video (4D wall-based only)
- 200-300 word artist statement
- 100-200 word technical statement
- URL for additional information (optional)
If your wall-based work proposal is accepted, you must also:
- Read Review & Upon Acceptance
- Complete your artwork
Submission Rules and Requirements
Complete the SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 Art Gallery Online Submission Form. There you will find instructions on how to complete the online form. At the end of the online process, your entry will be assigned a submission ID number. Take note of this number for the rest of the submission requirements. A separate submission form must be completed for each submitted work. You can change your submission form (using the same login and submission ID) as many times as you like before the official submission deadline: 20 June 2008.
All works that will be hung on the wall must be submitted online only and must include:
- Title, size (including the frame), medium, and date of completion of the final artwork.
- One digital image of the highest quality possible, pixel resolution of at least 1500 x 1200, at least 300 dpi at 10 cm tall x 12.7 cm wide (or the highest possible screen-grab), TIFF files, no compression, MAC or PC platforms.
- If you are submitting 4D work, include a QuickTime video (100 megabytes or less).
- If your project includes hardware or special use of space, you must submit a detailed floor plan (PDF) including minimum floor space required, dimensions of all components, lighting, audio, power, and network requirements. Include a list of required hardware and software that you will provide.
- Publishable artist's statement of no more than 300 words. Include a description of the concept and intent of your work.
- Publishable technical statement of 200 words or less. This statement should explain how digital or electronic technology was involved in the piece.
- Optional: URL (this does NOT replace the information required on the submission form).
Important information on uploading files to the SIGGRAPH ASIA 2008 online submission system.
There is no limit to the number of pieces you can submit, but a separate submission form must be submitted for each submitted work. If your work is a series, enter the components of the series together as a single submission.
If you are submitting the following types of art, use the corresponding checklists: