Art Gallery: Synthesis - Toward A New Perception
Use the checklist below to ensure that your submission is complete and meets all applicable program requirements.
This checklist applies to:
- CD/DVD-ROM and web-based work
Requirements for All Submissions All monitor-based submissions must include:
- Completed online submission form
- High-resolution screen grab of artwork
- Additional image of artwork (optional)
- URL (unless it is CD/DVD-based)
- CD or DVD if not on the web
- List of technical requirements
- 200-300 word artist statement
- 100-200 word technical statement
If your installation proposal is accepted, you must also:
- Read Review & Upon Acceptance
- Complete your artwork
Submission Rules and Requirements
Complete the SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 Art Gallery Online Submission Form. There you will find instructions on how to complete the online form. At the end of the online process, your entry will be assigned a submission ID number. Take note of this number for the rest of the submission requirements. A separate submission form must be completed for each submitted work. You can change your submission form (using the same login and submission ID) as many times as you like before the official submission deadline: 20 June 2008.
All works that will be displayed on a computer monitor must be submitted online only and must include:
- Title, medium, and date of completion of the final artwork.
- One digital image of the highest quality possible. If possible, the pixel resolution should be at least 1500 x 1200, at 300 dpi at 10 cm tall x 12.7 cm wide. If not, then provide a high-quality screen grab of the artwork. Save the file as a TIFF file, no compression, MAC or PC platforms.
- If necessary, please include a second image to show a detail of your work.
- CD or DVD if the work is not available on the web.
- List of technical requirements to view the work (plug-ins, supported operating systems, browsers, applications, etc.).
- Publishable artist's statement of no more than 300 words. Include a description of the concept and intent of your work.
- Publishable technical statement of 200 words or less. This statement should explain how digital or electronic technology was involved in the piece.
- Optional: URL (this does NOT replace the information required on the submission form). Please ensure that the URL that you provide does not delay the committee and/or jury with a lengthy registration or navigation process to reach the content. It should be easily accessible by all reviewers. Please double-check the URL before finalizing and do not change it until after the review process is complete.
Important information on uploading files to the SIGGRAPH ASIA 2008 online submission system.
There is no limit to the number of pieces you can submit, but a separate submission form must be submitted for each submitted work. If your work is a series, enter the components of the series together as a single submission.
If you are submitting the following types of art, use the corresponding checklists: