I make interactive works on CDROM, but work in a manner
that uses more traditional mixed media materials. These works are
then digitalized and collaborated (combined) with imagery made on
computer. Software is exploited for its specific aesthetic and visually
The concerns and themes of my current work include:
* An emphasis on the aesthetics and specific visual capacities that
digital imagery allows when engaged with more traditional art forms.
* A use of technology as a tool that is secondary to the ideas and
content of the work, as opposed to focusing on the capacities of
the newest technology.
* Non Linear environments and the vast capacity for art to occur
in time based and non linear structures.
* Blurring lines between art and design, narrative and non-narrative
* Creating very lush visual environments, specific to digital conditions.
My CDROM !OINK was an exploration of the process required to deconstruct
a book into multimedia. My aim was to make the most of the non-linear
environment that interactive work facilitate and at the same time
honor the spirit and attitude of the novel. It was an opportunity
to adapt a developed aesthetic to a writer's vision.