Nominations Process Policy
This policy describes the process for choosing candidates for the Executive Committee. It was approved by the Executive Committee July, 2005.
ACM SIGGRAPH Policy on the Nominations Process
1) The nominations committee will consist of an even number of members (including the chair), greater than 3.
2) The candidates for the nominations committee will be put forward by the past president, but must be approved by the EC before being accepted.
3) The past president will send a call for nominations out via e-mail to all of our constituencies (chapters, ed committee, pioneers, etc...).
4) The past president will put the call for nominations on the ACM SIGGRAPH web site so that all of our members can see it.
5) The nominations committee will require reference checks on any volunteer position the potential candidate has had within ACM SIGGRAPH for the previous 5 years