ACM SIGGRAPH Publications Pricing Model
A uniform pricing model for all ACM SIGGRAPH publications. It was approved by the Executive Committee April 10, 2002.
A pricing model that provides for consistent pricing across all points of purchase (annual conference, ACM Member Services, organization- sanctioned events) and for member and non-member pricing.
1. Determine an appropriate unit cost of production based on the size and layout of the book and the estimated print run. (Typically prepared by the contractor charged with producing the final product, whether book, videotape, CD-ROM or DVD.)
2. Set the member price of the publication so that the costs in #1 are covered, as well as administrative and distribution overhead. (Typically set by the Chair of the Publications Committee in cooperation with the ACM SIGGRAPH Program Director and other ACM HQ personnel as appropriate.)
3. Set the non-member price at 150% of the member price, in effect giving the member a 33% discount.
4. Member and non-member pricing shall be offered at organization and conference points of sale. In the event that this is not possible, the member price shall be used.
5. Internal transfers (conference transfers, professional chapters, etc.) shall be made at the unit cost. The purchasing entity shall be responsible for shipping costs.
6. External transfers (agreements with affiliated organizations, etc.) shall be made at the member price. The purchasing entity shall be responsible for shipping costs.
7. Sales of publications secured from the organization through either internal or external transfer may not be sold at a price point higher than the non-member price.